18.5.10

Same Home, New Face.

Coming home is a relaxing/frustrating experience. After four hours of fighting for a luggage cart, waiting for elevators, divvying up junk between two cars, last minute packing, an almost flat tire, and eating needed food for fuel, my father and I headed west. Away from good ole Laurel Ave. and toward the destruction of recent flooding. Once home, I saw what the flood really did. Pictures and stories weren't comparable. Baseball diamonds strewed across the outfield like a walking path, the fence around the dugouts dismantled and distorted. More inconvenient than anything, the bridge that connects my little street to the main shops and major roadways in the area is closed and will be so for a year! Damages for that bridge alone will be up to $750,000. That was all the frustrations I've had to get over being home. Now to start with the relaxing part...

No comments:

Post a Comment